- 1. What is Nu-Salt®?
Nu-Salt® is a sodium-free substitute that looks, tastes and sprinkles like real salt.Please consult with your physician before using Nu-Salt®.
- 2. How much sodium does Nu-Salt® contain?
Nu-Salt® contains less than one milligram of sodium per 1/8 tsp. serving. An equivalent serving of regular table salt contains 393 milligrams of sodium.
- 3. Are there any artificial ingredients, harmful chemicals or preservatives in Nu-Salt®?
No. Nu-Salt® is made from 100% natural ingredients. The ingredients that are used are found naturally and are combined to reproduce the flavor of salt.
- 4. What are the ingredients in Nu-Salt®?
Nu-Salt® contains potassium chloride, potassium bitartrate, calcium silicate and natural flavor derived from yeast.
- 5. What is the function of each ingredient?
Potassium chloride = flavor
Potassium bitartrate = flavor
Calcium silicate = drier
Yeast derivative = flavor
- 6. How much potassium does Nu-Salt® contain?
Nu-Salt® contains 0.528 grams or 528 milligrams of potassium per 1/8 tsp. serving,
- 7. Why does Nu-Salt® have such a high potassium content?
The minimum potassium requirement for adults is approximately 1600 to 2000 milligrams per day. The potassium content of Nu-Salt® is 528 milligrams per 1/8 tsp. serving which is approximately the same as the amount of potassium in one medium banana or one cup of fresh cantaloupe. Potassium is used as a substitute for sodium and to enhance the flavor of Nu-Salt®.
- 8. Is Nu-Salt® kosher?
Yes. Nu-Salt® is considered kosher by the Union of Orthodox Rabbis. Nu-Salt® is parve.
- 9. How is Nu-Salt® sold and where can I buy it?
Nu-Salt® is available in 2.5 ounce canisters and boxes of 50 packets. It is available in the baking aisle of supermarkets, drugstores, wholesale clubs and discount chains.
- 10. What is the suggested retail price of Nu-Salt®?
Nu-Salt® has a suggested retail price of $1.09 to $1.39 for the 2.5 ounce canister and $1.29 to $1.49 for the 50-packet boxes.
- 11. Can Nu-Salt® be used to replace regular salt in cooking and baking?
To help reduce your sodium intake, Nu-Salt® may be used in place of regular salt in preparing your favorite recipes. However, the same amount is not always needed. Start out with small amounts of Nu-Salt® and add more to taste. Please consult with your physician before using Nu-Salt®.
- 12. Who manufactures Nu-Salt®?
Cumberland Packing Corp. manufactures Nu-Salt®. The Brooklyn, New York based company also manufactures Sweet 'N Low® brand sugar substitute.
©1996-1998 Cumberland Packing Corp., Brooklyn, New York
1-800-206-9454. All rights reserved.